Can you believe this is the FIFTH year of this Challenge? That’s a lot of lovely stories and recipes!
The LJ Community shire_kitchen
would like to announce its
Fifth Annual Recipe Fic Challenge.
This is a chance to find a creative way to share your very favorite dishes as well as have the fun of writing a story! The theme for this year’s challenge will be: Celebrate!
. (Interpret the phrase any way you want!) Shire Kitchen Recipe Fic Challenge
1. A recipe fic is defined as a story in which a specific food or dish is mentioned, and the recipe for making it is given. If you would like to see examples of Recipe Fics, the previous years’ challenge stories are here: First Recipe Fic ChallengeRecipe Fics 06 Recipe Fics 07Recipe Fics 08
2. Recipes should be given in such a way that the reader could use it to make the dish described. The recipe may be incorporated in the body of the story (but all ingredients and steps must be specified) or the complete recipe may be added at the end of the story. (If the recipe is at the end, it is not considered part of the “length” of the story.)
3. Stories this yeardo not
have a minimum or maximum word-count restriction.
4. Recipes should be something the authors have tried and know to be good.
5. Characters and settings: Any characters and settings from the published fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien. (This may even include tales from his non-Middle-earth fiction, such as "Farmer Giles of Ham" or "Roverandom" or others.)
8. Genre: Any
9. Ratings: G to R, no NC-17, please, and clearly label all
Stories will be posted on Wednesday, March 25. ETA
Stories will be posted on Saturday April 25.
12. You should post your story directly to the community. Just be sure to put your story behind a cut so we don't overwhelm everyone's friends pages. We mods will hold the story posts in the moderation queue until then , so if you wish to post early, that’s all right--we can keep it under wraps until then. Head the story "Recipe Fic: Name of Story by Your Name". And don't forget to tag your story -- Celebrate! 2007. (For that reason, the community will temporarily be on moderated status until the stories are posted.)
13. If you do not have a LiveJournal account, you may e-mail your story to email@example.com and I will post it for you.
14. Previously published stories are eligible if they fit all the other criteria, and were not published in a previous Shire Kitchen Challenge.
Tags: recipe fic challenge, celebrate! 2009