The LJ Community shire_kitchen
would like to announce its third
annual Recipe Fic Challenge. This is a chance to find a creative way to share your very favorite dishes as well as have the fun of writing a story! The theme for this year’s challenge will be: “Fresh”.Shire Kitchen Recipe Fic Challenge
1. A recipe fic is defined as a story in which a specific food or dish is mentioned, and the recipe for making it is given. If you would like to see examples of Recipe Fics, the previous years’ challenge stories are here: Shire Kitchen Recipe Fic Challenge Stories
2. The recipe should be given in such a way that the reader could use it to make the dish described. The recipe may be incorporated in the body of the story (but all ingredients and steps must be specified) or the complete recipe may be added at the end of the story. (If the recipe is at the end, it is not considered part of the “length” of the story.)
3. Stories should be 2,500 words or less
, not including the recipe.
4. Recipes should be something the authors have tried and know to be good.
5. Characters and settings: Any
characters and settings from the published fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien.
8. Genre: Any
9. Ratings: G to R, no NC-17
, please, and clearly label *all* warnings.
10. Deadline: Stories will be posted on Monday, April 16.
12. Everyone is to post their own story directly to the community. Just be sure to put your story behind a cut so we don't overwhelm everyone's friends pages. We mods will hold the story posts until the 16th of April, so if you wish to post early, that’s all right--we can keep it under wraps until then.
13. Don't forget to tag your story: recipe fic challenge 07
14. Stories previously published elsewhere are eligible if they fit all the other criteria, and were not published in a previous Shire Kitchen Challenge.