The LJ Community shire_kitchen
would like to announce its second
annual Recipe Fic Challenge. This is a chance to find a creative way to share your very favorite dishes as well as have the fun of writing a story! This years challenge will have a theme: Spring! Shire Kitchen Recipe Fic Challenge
1. A recipe fic is defined as a story in which a specific food is mentioned, and the recipe for making it is given.
2. Recipes should be given in such a way that the reader could use it to make the dish described. The recipe may be incorporated in the body of the story (but all ingredients and steps must be specified) or the complete recipe may be added at the end of the story. (If the recipe is at the end, it is not considered part of the “length” of the story.)
3. Stories should be 2,000 words or less
, not including the recipe.
4. Recipes should be something the authors have tried and know to be good.
5. Characters and settings: Any
characters and settings from the published fiction of J.R.R. Tolkien.
8. Genre: Any genre
9. Ratings: G to R, no NC-17, please, and clearly label *all* warnings.
10. Deadline: Challenge will begin on Wednesday, Feb. 1, Deadline for submissions on Monday, March 13. Stories will be posted on Monday, March 20.
12. Anyone may enter. Send entries or inquiries to either aelfwina at cableone dot net (please paste submission into the body of the email) or sandy80461 at aol dot com with “Shire Kitchen Recipe Fics” in the subject line. Edit:
We've made a minor change to the challenge. Everyone is encouraged to post their own story directly to the community. Just be sure to put your story behind a cut so we don't overwhelm everyone's friends pages. And don't forget to tag your story -- Spring2006.
13. Previously published stories are
they fit all the other criteria, and were not previously published in last year's challenge.